Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh Happy Day


What a wonderful Valentine's Day! The children and I received some very special gifts from Daddy...just as a reminder of how much he loves us! Let me tell you, there were smiles from ear to ear! I'm thinking Mike has picked up on the fact that although I've been smiling on the outside, I've been struggling on the inside. It's hard work being 100% in charge of EvErYtHiNg! So, he really went above and beyond to find something extra meaningful for me. He bought me a beautiful canvas picture of us with 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 printed on it. I must admit this may be my most favorite of all the gifts he's ever given me. Not only do I love this picture of us, but I absolutely love these verses. However, when I read them this time I actually felt the words. It was as if electricity was pumping through my veins. Because the truth is, marriages are hard work. They're even harder when you're trying to maintain them from miles and miles apart. I am so grateful to have a spouse that holds on to these words as tightly as I do...despite the distance between us.

1 comment:

  1. Awww!! How thoughtful of Mike!! I am also glad that you have that support in Mike!! You two are a dynamic pair!! =] And I can see how God uses both of you in the lives of others!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...