Monday, April 5, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over





I've been a little slack on my blogging lately and believe me it's not for lack of things to write about. In fact, my cup runneth over with things to write about. That seems to be the problem. I don't know if there are others out there like me, but when my brain gets overloaded I can't seem to go anywhere...which is precisely where I am right now. So where exactly does one begin? I just came back from a breathtaking vacation in the mountains. I spent 7 days and 6 nights with 6 of my all time favorite people! Not only did I get some great quality time with my family, but I was also able to spend some intimate time with my Creator. It's amazing what time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life will allow. My heart swelled with unusual emotion on Good Friday and stayed with me through Easter Sunday. I've been saved since I was 9 years old. I know what Easter is all about...why we celebrate it, but never have I felt the sacrifice like I did this year. The whole reason for Jesus' birth was for Him to be the most perfect sacrifice.... It amazes me that at any given time He could have asked God to please save Him, but He didn't.

"Now my soul is deeply troubled. Should I pray, 'Father save me from this hour'? But this is the very reason I came! Father, bring glory to your name." John 12:27

He gave Himself freely...knowing completely that nobody on earth had the power to take His life.

"No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily." John 10:18

Even now...Monday night my breath catches in my throat as I rethink this sacrifice. What amazing love! My prayer is that I can use this gift of salvation that Jesus so freely and willingly gave to be uplifting to others. I may not be able to travel the world spreading the name of Jesus, but I can be a living testament of what He does and who He is!

"You love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."
John 13:35

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...