Monday, April 12, 2010

A Trip Down Memory Lane....

I had the most wonderful dream last night. I somehow went back in time and was pregnant with my twins again. You know...I know conceiving, incubating and giving birth to children is not an easy job, but it has been the greatest experience of my life to date. All of my pregnancies have been a tad different. My boys seemed to sit a little low. I had morning sickness with the girls and with all of my children I experienced some back pain at one point or another. But seriously...nothing was that big of a deal. I suppose some might say I've just had easy pregnancies, but that's not necessarily true. I've just chosen to enjoy them! Remember...nothing is black or white...there's always some of both! I must confess, although I'm warning you now...it looks painful, my twin pregnancy was my best! God protected me and had those little girls nestled inside just perfectly, so I never felt like they were about to fall out nor did I have trouble breathing! Can I get an AMEN?! Here are some pictures that still bring smiles to my face!
Ah yes...although it looks as though I may explode at any moment, I actually was only 35 weeks along.
We hung in there week after week. I'm 37 weeks here, but was measuring what would be equivalent to a 46 week pregnancy!!
This picture was taken on October 31st...just 5 short days before their birth day.

We made it!!! 39 weeks and even the doctors agreed those little girls would have happily stayed longer. Because of my previous c-sections (and the fact that at any given moment my belly was just going to burst open) we had a scheduled c-section. Upon delivery I was measuring 49 weeks pregnant!!!!
But just look what came from all that stretching! Although I had given birth several times, there was nothing like this feeling. I still feel so honored and humbled to have been allowed to grow and nurture these little girls. Looking back, I have absolutely no idea how we made it through with no complications, but we did. My girls went home with me weighing 7lbs 1oz and 6lbs 7oz. That is unheard of for twins...God never ceases to amaze me! You just gotta love these trips down memory lane...sigh.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE this blog!!! So tender and heartfelt!! Truly an inspiration Ashley!! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...