Monday, April 25, 2011

Freedom

Mike and I looked on from the window as Addeline and Kaitlyn proceeded to strip themselves of their clothing in our backyard.  Oh the innocence of children....  It made think about freedom.  For them it was the freedom from their clothes, but for me my thoughts were on the freedom of my sins.  What a liberating feeling it can be.  So often sin pulls us down and keeps us wrapped in bondage.  We feel so helpless and so trapped.  Even for the brief periods of time when we're not in turmoil over our shortcomings and wrongdoings we know they are still there.  Satan is always waiting to pounce.  Last Sunday our Pastor did a sermon in which he showed a cross an how we can give every one of our sins to Jesus.  Through Him and His sacrifice we are able to purge ourselves of the sins we carry.  It's only through Him that we're able to experience true freedom.  That sermon and my nude children forced me to look at my life and all the sins I carry with me, because I'm either too ashamed to confess or too stubborn to admit.  However, when I do...WOW!  What a beautiful feeling it is to, just as my little ones shed their clothes, to be rid of my sins and experience complete freedom through Him.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
John 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...