Thursday, April 28, 2016

Ask and You Shall Receive

Up...down...sharp right...speedy corkscrew down...back up...
repeat.

I wish my days were that predictable.  Some days I wake up and things I want/need to do just shuffle through my mind.  By the time I am standing upright, the truths of my life are back.  Some times I can simply sigh and head to the kitchen for coffee.  Then other times, my breathing feels restricted and it takes all of me just to get out of bed.

As sad as it is, I don't remember a time when I've spent so much time in prayer.  I praise him for my trying times, for my opportunities to practice patience, and for the grace he gives me every. single. day.  I've had to practice praising him through the trials of life.  It isn't a natural thing to thank God for these hard times, but it is natural to beg for his help when times get tough.  There have been so many times I've wanted to throw in the towel; whether it be relationships, projects, running, and more seriously, even life.  I keep begging for God to show me the way...give me directions to get through the windy roads of my life.  Please give me the endurance to make it through.  Show me light.  Fill me with you hope.

No matter how I feel when I wake up, there has not been one day where He has not been faithful.  In some form, God shows me his love by answering my prayers.  Most often, it's the seemingly small moments of life when I feel him.  I wish I could snap my fingers and everything be better, but that just isn't happening.  Today, I am thankful for a God who answers prayers; a God who holds my hand while walking me through torrents of rain, and a God who never leaves me.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Luke 11:9


                   
 This is a legitimate text message that I received from a kind lady following Sunday morning church.  I have never doubted the power of the Holy Spirit, but to lead someone to blindly reach out to a stranger?  My mind was blown.
 This month the children have been learning about perseverance.  This is a precious card that my little girl made for me.  Encouragement spewing from the hearts of my little one.  
Mike and I were fortunate to attend a Jeremy Camp concert in Macon.  Being in a place full of people worshiping was so powerful.  Hope was blooming inside of me.
  
 An afternoon at the playground with some of my kiddos filled me an overwhelming joy.
*Take a peek at Ethan's face on the swing.  He tolerates my silly ideas and loves me anyway.*   
While making a quick stop at Hobby Lobby these sparkly candle holders just jumped out at me.  My Nanny would have loved these...anything blue and anything that sparkled.
It was a pleasant and welcome reminder that what this world provides is nothing compared to Heaven.

Just ask.  He hears and is faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I've never read this one... it is amazing! I'm speechless about the messsge from the lady at your church.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...