Saturday, June 11, 2016

Makes perfect sense



 I purchased these bracelets in January.  It was during a much needed shopping break that I came across these.  I loved the compass because it is a reminder to keep my eyes straight ahead and striving to stay on the right path; God's path.  The other one, for some reason I just liked it. I wish I could say it was purchased for some profound reason; that I was "feeling it" at the time, but that's simply not the case.  It was during Sunday morning worship, not long after I got them, that I was reminded of the fact I am to praise God through it all.  I am to "celebrate my path" even if/when it is not the one I chose/wanted to be on.  Eventually, when I would the bracelets would jingle and move I would remind myself to be thankful; although there were many, many times I wasn't "feeling it."

I doubt it will come as a surprise for me to say...it's been a rough year.  It's probably my least favorite for a number of reasons.  It may go down as one of my least favorite years.  I don't know.  Anyhow, with that being said, time is a definite healer.  So I am feeling better and am continuing to gain perspective regarding different things. Yesterday evening, as I was walking in my room, I noticed my Bible was in the middle of my bedroom floor.  It was odd because I definitely didn't put it there, but I figured one of my littles had hopefully been reading it.  they were either reading, or reorganizing my room.  Regardless, it dawned on me that I sure had not read anything that day.  I picked it up and decided to just open it and start reading, with no plan.  I flipped to Roman chapter 5.

"...we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5

I could not believe what I was reading...my bracelet!  I am a believer that nothing happens by chance.  There is a reason and a purpose for everything.  By finding that bracelet and wearing it religiously, God was very subtly remind me to trust Him; to be thankful for where I was currently was in life.  While there were times I had to think hard and dig deep to be thankful (grief can unfortunately really suck the life and hope right out of you), I would do it.  Now, as I am emerging from the dark clouds that surrounded me for so long, my eyes are wide open and I see it!  I see that gentle reminder God was giving me.  I was to have faith in Him and believe that he would see me through despite where I was at that time.  He is faithful and for that reason alone, I can celebrate my path!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...