Monday, March 8, 2010

Have You Ever Just Known?

It's been a while since I've written about our situation with Ethan and his schooling. At the end of the day, I followed God's instructions and pulled him from public school. Turns out that was the easy part. The difficult part was deciding where to go from there...whew. It's a good thing I didn't know how tricky that next step was otherwise I probably would have had even more doubts. Thankfully, God knows what he's doing! I spent many late nights on my computer doing research, spoke with friends and had extensive conversations with my Aunt who is homeschooling all 4 of her children (AND her youngest are twins). Talk about credibility!!! Anyhow, I finally decided on a curriculum and while we are waiting for our resources we are doing a unit study on Predators of the Deep. It's a pretty extensive study on the creatures of the ocean. He loves that stuff, so it's a good place to start. Another exciting aspect of this journey came when Mike had a brilliant idea! We have an area set up for the children to do their homework, but it's really not conducive to homeschooling. We have a small room that Mike thought would be just right to turn into a homeschooling room. It's not big, but it is in fact perfect for what we need. Mike spent a couple of hours painting and building a desk for Ethan. We put a few supplies in it and ta-daaaa a mini school room! Ethan was thrilled with his new space!
Although I know that every day is not going to be smooth and every day is not going to be pleasant...I know that I am exactly where God wants me to be at this moment. Man does that feels good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...