1. Mike and I were sick, sick, sick for 5 long days. When I say sick, I mean sick like never before. We both caught the infamous stomach bug. Here's the thing...I thought that pesky "bug" was only suppose to hang around for about 24 hours. Boy were we wrong. At the end of day while we were both still flat on our backs and the big kids were taking care of the little girls I decided to call in the big guns...MOOOOOMMMM!!!! Thankfully my Mom drove from SC to help! My children did a wonderful job of taking care of one another, but I couldn't ask them to keep doing it, nor could I do myself. Mike, by the way, had been quarantined in our bedroom as he was violently ill...I'll just leave it at that.
2. VBS is in 2 weeks and I'm teaching the kindergartners. I love Vacation Bible School and I am totally loving the theme this year...Saddle Ridge Ranch!! I think it's going to be so fun to decorate the classroom and "play the part" as a cowgirl!
3. We're also gearing up for Christian's 6th birthday. That's right, my little angel is going to be 6 years old. I say it every year with every child...where in the world has time time gone? Life seemed to pass so slowly before I had children. Now that they've entered our lives time moves at warp speeds! I just pray that God allows me to remember and cherish every moment...good or bad. Anyhow, we are planning a Super Mario Brothers party for him...WHICH, by the way is going to be a surprise. He is going to think he is big stuff! We're all excited about it. The tough part is planning a party without him finding out. I suppose that's a given though : )
4. I'm taking on a roll in the squadron (Mike's work) which allows me to work more closely with the military families. I'm really excited to be doing this as it will give me the opportunity to reach out to others and hopefully help make their lives a tad bit easier...especially when their loved ones are away. Plus, I will also have the opportunity to learn more about what Mike does. Even he's excited = )
5. We are all in the preliminary phases of planning a long overdue trip to New Hampshire. Yep, we are about to take this show on the road...a very long road! The trip will take us about 21 hours. Translation: we are going to need LOTS of stuff!!! So, I am in the process of making my many lists to make sure we forget little to nothing. With all that being said, we haven't been to Mike's home in almost 6 years! I'd say it's about time.
6. My big kids are going to spending some time with my parents in South Carolina. Holy cow!! This will be their first time venturing away from our house to have some fun their Grandparents. Victoria and Christian are pumped...Ethan is a tad bit apprehensive. His words were, "I don't know if I wanna be that far away from my Mom." Now if that isn't the most precious thing ever, then I don't know what is!! Mom aka Gam has lots of fun things planned for them and I know they'll have a blast. It's just going to be lonely not having them around. '
7. My nanny/helper/babysitter is getting ready to have her first child any day. So...since I'm losing her for a while we are in the process for finding someone new. If you are like me and do not like leaving your children, then you can understand what a difficult decision lies ahead. I definitely need the help, but finding that "perfect" person is just so hard. I've been not only praying that God would lead us to someone who will fit our family's needs, but also for Him to give me that peace that only comes from above. When we were searching for someone to help when the babies were only 4 months old, He led us to Kathryn. She has been the most wonderful helper any Mother could ask for. The time has come once again for me to totally trust Him. He knows my needs and I know He won't let me down.
So now that I've caught up the blog, I must again confess that I feel so behind. Unfortunately everything we have going on has some sort of deadline. Which is great on one hand...keeps me busy....not so great on the other hand...I get totally stressed out! I have prayed over each and every one of the things and feel led to do them. I think each opportunity will give us MANY chances to glorify God!! That is the reason I press on. My stumbling blocks come as I am constantly having to remind myself that while I may feel like a ship being tossed about on the rough seas, God is one who can calm my storms. He promises to give help when needed and in that I find my peace.
"We will find grace to help us when we need it." Hebrews 4:16