Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Official Week Of Homeschool


We do the above Geography and Science along with Singapore Math, Intermediate Language Lessons, Writing Strands and Spelling Power. I'm really thrilled with the curriculum we've chosen to do. We can truly move at our own pace. The children are breezing through some (because we did some work this summer) and going at a steady pace on other subjects. I've gotta just say it though, I am really loving it! I think for me as long as I stay on top of what we're going to do for the next couple of days, then I'm just fine. However, I can already tell that If I get lazy and don't prepare for the next day, which inevitably will happen sometimes, I'm in trouble. But the first full week went really well. The children and I laid down some strict ground rules as to when we'll start and when we hope to be finished, but if we're not finished by 12:30 then we'll keep going until we are. I have noticed they like to "try" me a little because I may be their teacher but I'm also Mo-om. So, we had to have a little chat about that. The little girls spend the morning at a sitter so that we can get down to business, which really allows us to get everything, if not most everything completed by 12:30. Honestly, I can see how God has his hand in everything because things are working out for so many people. It truly is a beautiful thing. I feel so blessed to be able to teach my children. Nothings feels as good as seeing that light bulb go off in their head and knowing that YOU'RE the one who taught them that! It's amazing! Ethan asked me if I would teach him next year too? I said, 'let's take this day by day, my love. But I would love to.' The past 3 months have been so trying, so it feels so good to be reminded that I'm where I'm supposed to be and feel so thankful for it.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! I told Drew yesterday morning how much I love being a homeschooling mom. I know that there will be trying days but there is nothing like being with your children 24/7 and being able to completely shape their little minds. What a privilege! Are you still doing My Father's World? Also, glad to hear y'all had a great afternoon the other day in spite of what the house may look like afterwards and knowing dinner won't be fancy. The time does fly and those are the times we really get to "tie heartstrings." :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...