Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Truth Behind Loneliness



  It's a common belief that loneliness can only hit those who are truly alone.  So, when you're surrounded by people (young or old) and are plagued with that feeling, it can be terrorizing.  Loneliness is something I have struggled with my entire life.  When I was young, it was because I was an only child.  Now that I'm older...well...I'm not quite sure what the reason is.  I try and hold on to my friendships; I try to keep in touch with my distant family; I even try to busy myself with my own husband and children.  Still, at times, the loneliness remains.  The harder I try to fight it, the more it engulfs my life.  As I was pushing Kaitlyn on the swing today, it dawned on me.  I am not alone.  Friendships may come and go; family may be busy, but God never leaves our side.  He promises to never leave us or forsake us.  What more could I ask for?

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified
because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you."
                                                  Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...