Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm Stretched Thin and Thankful For It

Mom, I need money for my fundraiser!
Mom, I have a student council meeting on Thursday!
Mom, don't forget about my practice tonight!
Mom, can you quiz me for my test!
Mom, we forgot to read my book-in-a-bag last night.  I had to tell my teacher we were too busy."
Mom, I'm so excited about my field trip tomorrow...don't forget we have to be there at 5:30

How many different ways can one be pulled?  You know, I have always wanted a big family.  I have dreamed about it ever since Mike and me first got married.  The thought of a big table and it being filled to the brim with food and family thrills me!  But I have to admit, not once did I think about these years...the years when I, at times, am stretched so thin it's sometimes difficult to breathe.  The years I am stretched so thin I just know when I "snap back" into shape it's not going to be pretty; in fact, I am positive it will be ugly and there will be collateral damage.  Thank goodness what goes up(stress levels) must eventually come down and with that down comes sweet serenity.  It is in those moments...when I can breathe and I can wrap my mind around my life and I can just think of those sweet little faces.  I am thankful for it all.
Thankful for these children I am blessed to take care of.
Thankful for my health that enables me to take care of them.
Thankful for a husband that is such a hands-on Dad and helpmate to me.
Thankful for all the appreciative smiles and love I get on a daily basis.
Thankful for a God that makes all things possible.
Some days, I just have to sit...breathe...and remind myself of these things.

"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
2 Chronicles 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...