Friday, December 9, 2011

Pleasure To Meet You

I am a true believer that there are so many different factors that go into raising children.  Let's see...you've got  religion, genetics, emotional nurturing, education, environment; just to name a few.  When I found out I was going to be a Mother, I hit the books.  I have to admit, that did help, with the "to-do's" at least.  But when I found out I was having twins, I felt I was starting from scratch.  There's so much debate on how to raise multiples.  I wanted to know everything I could on to how to help these two little people become successful in life.  Although they were precious beyond words, my deepest desire was for them to grow into smart, independent little ladies.  Some books said not to dress them same; others said it didn't matter.  Some said keep them in the same classes; some said it didn't matter.  Some said to allow them to sleep together; others said it didn't matter.  Basically the conclusion that Mike and I came up with is that...it was all up to us.  Yes...it all comes down to trial and error.  So, as we have done with all the rest of our children, we have done the very best we can.  I believe to my core that we are accomplishing what we set out to do.  Not only are these two smart and independent, they could not be any more different.  They have their own likes and dislikes, giggles, phrases, annunciations and quircks.  With that...I would like to introduce to you Miss Addeline Grace and Miss Kaitlyn Elizabeth.  


It's "Princess Addie Pie" to most and sung to a cute little tune my Mom and Dad made up.  I am an independent little girl with undeniable spirit!  I love trying new things...even if they're the wrong things.  I'm the oldest twin; by one minute.  Let's face it, in a family of 7, every minute counts.  My favorite color is purple and I love, love, love pasta!  So does my big sis, Victoria.  My favorite thing to watch is "Booty and the Beast".  I just love Belle!  I change my clothes as often as I can to show how much of a princess I am!  My family likes to refer to me as Curious George.  I try so hard to do the right thing, but they're right, I'm just so curious.  I love making soups; puppy food soup, make-up soup, toilet bowl soup, pretty much anything I can mix with water.  It's funny how no one else in my family has a country accent except me.  I seem to have picked that one up all on my own.  My Mommy loves the way I take one syllable words and turn them two; for example, instead of saying "self" I turn it into "se-yelf".  It gets her every time.  I'm not sure where the future will take me, but I'm going places!  I just know it.


They call me "KK".  It started when my sister, Addie Pie, couldn't quite pronounce my name.  My family thought it was so cute, it stuck.  I'm the baby of the family; in every possible way.  I like to be held, cuddled and coddled.  My favorite color is pink and I love My Little Ponies.  Well, today I love them.  Tomorrow, I may love Mickey Mouse...or Barbies...or a stuffed animal.  You just never know with me.  My favorite movie is "Cinnerella".  I...am...a...princess!  I like to have "pretty toes" and "pretty finners" and my favorite is when Mommy lets me wear her make up!  That is a real treat.  My favorite food is anything sweet, just like my Mommy!  I say skip the meal and head for the dessert : )  My brothers and sisters try and lock their doors to  keep me out of their rooms because I like to sneak in and secretly play with their toys; don't tell them, but I know how to use a penny and pick the lock!  Yup, I go right in and snag their DS!  Sometimes I even do it when I'm supposed to be napping.  I'm the sneakiest one of the bunch.  They say it's a good thing I'm cute!  I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I know the possibilities are endless!  I'll do great things.

Even with all the books that I read, I still don't really know what I'm doing. The only thing I know for sure about this parenting thing is it's all about the relationship. The relationship and the love...both of which we have plenty of. For the record, I do dress our girls alike and they are in the same class. However, as you can see, they couldn't be more unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...