Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

It's that time again; time for new goals...new dreams...new beginnings.  It's a brand new year; time for those life-changing resolutions!

Some want to be more fit while others want to be more organized.  Personally, I want them both; along with being more fiscally responsible, a better time manager, a more submissive wife, be a more joyful server and to spend more time in the Word!  Wow, that's a lot!  In fact, at first glance, it could seem overwhelming.

As I paused to reread my lengthy list of wants, I realized something quite profound.  Although my desires seem quite daunting at first glance...they're really not...at all.

In fact, my resolutions can be summed up rather quickly.  This year I am going to spend more time in the Word.  By doing that I will become:  more fiscally responsible; a better time manager; a more submissive wife; a more joyful server and I will take better care of myself.  Everything we need to know to live our lives can be found in God's Word.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

Dedication is never an easy thing for anyone.   However, by dedicating yourself fully to something, especially something as wonderful as our Creator, a whole new level of understanding and love will be revealed before our eyes. Besides, let's face it, in a world that's ever-changing, the only thing constant we have that we can fully rely on is God's Word.  He is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)  So, that is my New Year's resolution.  I am going to spend more time in the Word.  As for all of the other goals?  I know they will all fall into place.  




3 comments:

  1. Great post! Drawing closer to Him can help us in every area of our lives. That's my Goal for year too! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol and Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girl! I work with Rianne and she sent me over to check your blog out! Love it! So cute! I'm a new follower! Check mine out if you get a second!

    www.andtheylivedhappilyeverafterblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...