Thursday, March 31, 2016

Pressing On

I press on toward the goal
to win the prize for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philiippians 3:14

10K...Half marathon...parenting...marriage...LIFE

We all set goals for ourselves.  We strive to be better than we were the day before.  Sometimes we meet those goals and sometimes we come up short.  However, we press on.

I wonder sometimes, why?  Why not just accept things the way they are?  Parenting is hard. Marriage is hard and life can be unbearable at times.  Why not just succumb to temptation of "just going with it".  I have asked myself this question over and over this past year.  I've cried, been angry, and even depressed...thinking things won't get better, so why bother.  I'll never be able to run more than 6 miles again; I'll never learn to deal with the ever-changing mood swings of my 5 growing children.  Most of all, I've shed blood, sweat, and tears about the difficulties that come with marriage. Man, have I been burdened.  I've felt defeated on more occasions than I care to admit.

So the question remains, "why don't I just settle?"  

The answer is simple...I want more.  Not stuff.  I don't want things.  I want relationships.  I want spiritual growth in myself and in the people around me.  I want to persevere.  I want to run a half marathon!  Most of all, I want to experience all that God has in store for me.  I won't settle, because I know that the here and now is not the end of my story.  For that reason, I am pressing on.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...