Saturday, June 29, 2019

A New Chapter


Sunday, June 23, 2019

It’s the eve of my first job interview in 18 years.  Let that sink in…18 years.  While some may hear that number and think of wasted years that I could have been pursuing a personal dream, I look at those years as being filled with perhaps my greatest accomplishments.  I’ve been able to spend the last 18 years of my life supporting my husband while watching five incredible babies grow and blossom into amazing people.  I’ve seen all of them take their first steps, been to every school party, and cried with every first day of school.  These not-so-little people have been my whole world.  While that will never change, the time is right for me to begin focusing on personal goals.


Monday, June 24, 2019

What led to this day is profound and simply cannot go unmentioned.  After graduating in June, Mike and I discussed the possibility of me getting a job while I worked toward my Master’s degree.  Weighing the pros and cons, we decided that rather rush into any decisions, we would “hurry up and wait” (thanks for the mantra US Air Force). We began praying for direction…Mike and I prayed, my family prayed, and my friends prayed.  I often spoke about needing God to show me a big neon sign letting me know what direction to take.  At times I felt like I would never get an answer, although in hindsight the wait period was fairly short.  One afternoon, while speaking with a friend about volunteer opportunities in our community that would allow me to work with people in need of emotional support, they mentioned an organization called Caring Solutions.  I began doing research and immediately fell in love.  This was a group that sought to provide women love, medical care, and support during a very vulnerable point in their lives.  While perusing their website, I stumbled upon several job openings.  It was then that I realized THIS was my neon sign.  God had used an innocent conversation with a friend to lead me here.  I swallowed my insecurities and submitted my resume. 
    
I was beyond nervous for my interview today; stepping outside of my comfort zone to apply for a position after all these years had my stomach in knots.  After my initial jitters had subsided and the interview commenced, I became sure that I had come to the right place. 

Friday, June 28, 2019

I am thrilled to say that I am now officially a member of the Caring Solutions family.  As I sit here thinking about reentering the workforce, I am flooded with emotion.  My dream has always been to become a therapist and this position will allow me to dip my toe into those waters.  I can’t hide my excitement of the possibilities to come!  Meeting new people, cultivating new relationships, and working with like-minded individuals is exhilarating!  I’ve prayed so hard for an opportunity like this! 


  

1 comment:

  1. Hello Roy family. I am A Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in serving. It is blessing to visit your blog post and know your family. I love getting connected with the people of God about the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your family to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you and your kids will have a life chaning experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. god's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...