Monday, May 17, 2010

Twins meet splash pool...splash pool meet the twins!

With the temperatures in Middle Georgia beginning to climb, Ethan and I decided it was high time to fill up our splash pool for the little ones. The water went in bright and early so that after their nap and lunch we were all ready to jump right in! The girls were fascinated by the bright new object in their yard and ran right to it!

Miss Addeline didn't skip a beat. She jumped/climbed/fell right in! She loved being in the water. I think she loved being able to come and go as she pleased even more! She would get in splash around and then climb out. Laugh. Get back in. Splash around and then climb out. I guess even as a baby there's nothing like feeling free!

Miss Kaitlyn, on the other hand, took a few minutes to warm up to the idea of the pool. She walked around it...dipped her hand in it. Laughed. This pattern went on for a while until I guess she figured she was really missing out because she finally decided to get it. They are so fun much to watch!

You would think that with Ethan being so much older than his little sisters that he would get bored with them or just not want to play with them. That's not the case at all. He really seems to enjoy their company. I think he cherishes how their little faces light up when he comes into a room. To them he a real live superhero...always saving their day in one way or another. I think that is just priceless.
After a couple of hours of outside time everyone was filthy, there was sand in the pool, the hats were M.I.A, there was pleading for snacks and "blankies". My Mommy translation..."This was such a great afternoon Mom, we need a snack and to rest! By the way, you're the greatest!"
Okay, okay that last part was just thrown in there for good measure, but seriously, it was a blast!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww!! I wish I could have been there to see! Just too cute! I bet they are going to get a lot of use out of that pool this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day!!! And the twins swimsuits were too cute!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look at my sweet babies...all three of them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...