Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Grass Is Always Greener...Or Is It?

So, my three oldest children are spending a week with my Mom and Dad in Charleston. I didn't tell them about this trip in advance as to thoroughly surprise them! Guess what? It did!!! My parents have gone above and beyond to make this visit extra special. I do believe they were just as excited if not MORE than my kiddos were! They planned trips to the library, to the movie theatre, to the water park. They've been swimming, done crafts, colored pictures and even eaten dinner in the living room!!! I should be elated...my children are having the time of their lives and I am getting a break. I know I have still have 2 at home, but come on. Two is easier than five any day of the week. In fact, my house is ridiculously clean, my laundry is all done, VBS is taken care of , I've read stories and played babies over and over again. I've actually found myself...wait for it...bored. Bored to the point where I have checked my facebook, email and the weather too many times to count. I've checked them so many times, in fact, that things aren't even changing anymore!!! Why am I acting crazy you may be wondering? Because I miss my kids more than words could ever describe! I can't believe how much I miss them. The emptiness I feel throughout the day can only be compared to when Mike's away. I know, I know. I sound like a lunatic. I've wanted breaks like this for a long time and I thought this would be good thing. But here I am to confess...the grass is most definitely NOT greener on the other side. What can I say? I love my babies.

1 comment:

  1. So do we, sweetheart. Thanks for sharing them.
    xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...