Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Live Free or Die!

I've never really believed Mike when he told me there's no place quite like New Hampshire until I visited here for the first time. That's all it took...one time. The weather is so crisp and everything is so clean and beautiful. If it weren't for the hardcore winters and leaving my parents (I know, I know I'm a wimp) I might actually consider moving up here. The point I'm getting at is that the exhilaration of crossing state lines were magnificent! The kids were cheering! Mike and I were smiling...truly it was just like a chick flick! Since we haven't done anything yet, I decided to use some photos off line of some memorable things from the past.

This gorgeous place is called Giuseppe's. It is the first nice place Mike took me out to eat here in town. They actually have a gentleman who plays the piano all evening long. It's so romantic. Someone, please pass me a tissue.
Meredith, New Hampshire is known for many things, but one of which is the beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee. One afternoon Mike and I went for a run (I came close to death due to all the hills) and he somehow convinced me to take a dip in the Lake. We were fully clothed, but he promised me I hadn't fully lived until I'd jumped in the cool lake after being sweaty from a run. So in I went. Okay...the water wasn't cool, it was stinkin COLD!!! But he was right about one thing, I felt alive that day! My senses were definitely all wide awake. It was amazing and I can't wait to do it again! So that's about it for now. We have lots of livin to do and plenty of time to do it in! In case I haven't mentioned how thankful I am for my family and this time I have to lavish them with love, I am. I am so happy to be right here, right now...I'm grateful to be alive.

2 comments:

  1. Aww yay for NH! :) And yes Lake Winniposockee is ALWAYS cold!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it beautiful!!! Despite the cold = )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...