Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's That Time Again!

Spring Cleaning time!!!!   Yep, time to get rid of all those dust bunnies, wash those windows and wipe down those base boards.  Since it was rainy yesterday and we couldn't go outside to "spring clean" my car, I decided to go ahead and get started on the house.  True confessions...I would rather deep clean my house than perform the normal pick up.  I don't know if it's because deep cleaning happens less often or just because I love the smell of a freshly cleaned home.  Either way, I got up and got busy!  By the time Mike got home I had done 5 loads of laundry (that's what happens when I take a few days off), windows washed, fans cleaned, floors vacuumed, downstairs dusted, kitchen scrubbed and dinner on the table.  I have to admit I felt great!  The house smelled good, it no longer had that "lived in look" (only temporarily, I might add) and I had made a fantastic dinner!  It was just one of those GREAT days that leave you with a sense of accomplishment.

What was the secret to my success?  I must confess I had hoped it was my pure determination that helped me get through the day, but sadly, I think it may have been my 6 cups of coffee and 5 hour energy drink.  Whatever it takes, I suppose : )

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, I hope some of your determination rubs off on me. ;-) Between your caption and my brain, I thought you were talking about income taxes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...