Friday, May 27, 2011

Closing A Chapter

I dread the end of the school year.  Not for the reasons most parents do, but because every end-of-the-year party marks another year of my children's lives that is over.  This year was especially hard because Victoria has now completed her elementary school years.  My firstborn...my princess...my baby.  This occasion was commemorated by a 5th grade graduation ceremony.  Considering she started back into the public school system midyear, we were sure she would not win any awards.  However, we were pleasantly surprised to hear her name called out on three different occasions.  I am so proud of her.  She has managed to complete elementary school maintaining an A average.  She is growing in her walk with Christ as well as her relationships with others.  Plus, she is one of the most caring and compassionate children I have ever met.  Although I am sad to see this chapter close, 
I am so excited to see what God has in store for her.  
She's going to do great things.




"So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. 
And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. 
And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) 
Kid, you'll move mountains."
 ~Dr. Seuss~



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...