Monday, April 14, 2014

Why So Soon?

Sometimes situations arise and words simply fail me.  I lost my Uncle Doug this week.  He was only 51.  How can you prepare yourself for the swift and unexplained loss of someone so dear?  His Mother, my Nanny, was the one to find him lying peacefully in his bed.  For that, I am thankful.  I imagine him drifting off into a deep sleep and our Savior welcoming Him with open arms and embracing him in the most loving way.  My heart aches for those left behind that are grieving and asking "why so soon?"  But I will hold my head high knowing that one day we will all be together again and what a day of rejoicing that we be.

 
"Uncle" Robert Douglas Egner,
September 21, 1962 - April 12, 2014
 

My Kentucky Family


 
 
Uncle Doug and his daughter Catrina Faye



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...