Friday, September 7, 2012

A Near 9-1-1 Experience

It was an unusually peaceful afternoon.  

Ethan was at football practice.  Mike and Victoria were out on a date.  Christian was helping me put the finishing touches on dinner while the little ones were outside playing with the pups.  It felt so nice to have everyone where they were supposed to be...on time...happy.  I had even made a real dinner...unlike the most recent "what do I have in my pantry that can be thrown together in 15 minutes to fill these little tummies quickly" type of dinners.  Yep, feeling pretty good.  As I stepped outside to call in my little love bugs, I was struck by the emptiness of my backyard.  Huh.  The pups were still around, so I knew the gate was still locked up tight, but there was no sign of them.  I started walking around calling for my sometimes mischievous girls, my apprehension growing by the minute.  By now, you are well aware of the trouble these two can get themselves into.  Sure enough, as I turn toward the side of my house, I hear two little voices calling down to me.  Somehow they had figured out how to climb our big magnolia tree.  They looked like little monkeys!
I was so amused I just had to run inside and grab my camera.  However, after snapping a few pictures, I realized Kaitlyn was so high, she was equal to our second story bathroom window.  Then the realization of, "oh poo, they're pretty darn high."  Next came the daunting task of trying to figure out how in the world to get them down.  Never being much of a tree climber myself, I mentally flipped through all my possibilities.  
Should I call 911?  This is similar to having a cat stuck up a tree, right?  Should I call a I even have a neighbor willing to tackle this problem?  How long would it take for Mike to get home?

Thankfully, it was at that moment Mike decided to call home.  He reassured me that the tree was in fact strong enough to hold my weight and that I should get my rear up there and save our girls.  So, I swallowed my fear and began to climb.  Christian stood at the bottom of the tree and encouraged us, while we maneuvered our way to the bottom.  It took a little while, but we finally got it figured it out.
And to started out as a peaceful afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...